Monday, 14 July 2008

A Dream of Fire



On Friday night/Saturday morning, I dreamt of seeing a house in my suburb catch fire.

The flames licked up the curtains and gutted the kitchen of the home.

I looked out from the ruined kitchen, across to my own driveway, and saw a shiny new Lamborghini parked there.

I dream of cars and other modes of transport quite often - buses, trains, motorcycles as well as four-wheeled vehicles are fairly common components of my dreams.

However, I'm either driving or riding in these contraptions. I don't see them from the outside, and I never dream of a specific make or model of vehicle. Yet the word Lamborghini was specific in this dream.

I'm glad that I keep a dream diary and write down the buggers when I awake, or by now I would be doubting my own memory. For 24 hours later, on Saturday night/Sunday morning, there was a horrific accident in which 4 people -including members of our local security force - burnt to death in their cars on a road just around the corner from where I live. One of the victims, a 22 year old man, was driving a new Lamborghini.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how the mechanism behind things like this works. It's not, as Warren notes, as if I could have done anything about it. So what was I picking up?

Information from my slightly older self, in a short-cut across time?
The psychic screams of the victims, also echoing across 24 hours of duration?

I really don't know.It makes me wonder about those celebrity psychics. Well, I've wondered about their gall for some time, but I mean in more general terms -how did they come to believe they had a gift? Did they have one or two unexplainable, hairs-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck experiences, as I, and probably a good percentage of the general population, have had, which they then extrapolated into having been touched by God?

I freely admit I have no idea what's going on here. I think I'll know perfectly well, eventually - when it's no longer important for me to understand.
But for now, I'm turning it over and over in my mind.

Flames, screams, and a bright shiny new Italian car.

Pic found here